In addition to raising funds for Mercy Hospital, the Friends of Mercy support local community events and advocate for our underserved neighbors by providing food and awareness through specialty projects. Most recently the Friends provided bicycles for youth in the community, and helped address food insecurity via their “Giving Garden” that supplied fresh vegetables to families facing hunger in the community. They also sponsor health presentations with various topics aiming to bring general health and mental health awareness to the community.
The Friends raise funds for Mercy through the sponsorship of annual benefits.
- Gentlemen’s St. Patrick’s Dinner – A festive evening of laughter, good cheer and fellowship while eating corn beef & cabbage and listening to Irish music. A great Friends tradition!
- 9 & Dine Golf – Start the golf season with 9 holes of golf, cocktails and dinner
- Luau – A favorite for many, celebrated at a fun outdoor beach venue
- Golf Classic – Held on a pristine golf course that offers a great day of golf and dinner
- Mercy Ball – Prestigious ball that has become the traditional kick-off for Long Island’s holiday social season
Proceeds & Support
Proceeds for the remaining half of 2021
Mercy Hospital in partnership with The Pain Institute of Long Island, has made a commitment to expand its pain management services with the development of a 5,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art center on Mercy’s campus. The Pain Management Center of Excellence will be located on the lower level of the Miracle Building and will boast highly advanced equipment, multiple treatment options to give patients safe and effective pain management (without the need of opioids) and an interdisciplinary team of physicians and medical professionals to assist with the management of acute and chronic pain.